Friday, February 26, 2010

The Other End of the Line

Greg's Review

I promise that the next movie will be something other than a romantic comedy! This one was just already in our queue on Netflix. Anyway, the rest of the movies that we have reviewed so far have all received pretty high scores. I have to say that this one will definitely not! We gave this one a shot because we sometimes like low-budget, independent films. However, I think I would have turned this one off midway if I didn't feel like I should finish it to give it a score. With that, to the scores:

Entertainment: 2 stars

Originality: 1.5 stars
(really nothing happens that you couldn't guess from the beginning. The only thing that gives it a little originality is the Indian cultural aspect.)

Acting: 1 star
(it made me cringe quite a few times.)

Message: 2 stars

Cleanliness: 1 star
(had to fast forward several times.)

Overall: 1.5 stars


Michelle's Review

Since Greg is studying Hindi in school right now, we have watched quite a few Bollywood films lately.  Some of them I have liked, others not so much.  This one would fall under the "not so much" category.  The story line was very unoriginal and the acting at times was just painful.  Either way, it was nice to see that once again a couple gets their happily ever after!

Entertainment: 1.5 stars

Originality: 2 stars.
(It was pretty easy to tell how the movie would play out from the very beginning.  However, there are always some things that you don't expect which is why I am giving it a generous 2.)

Acting: 1 star

Cleanliness: 1 star

Message: 1 star
(I am not sure what kind of message they were trying to send.)

Overall: 1.3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment