Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greg's Review

First movie to be reviewed in The Invention of Lying. My overall impression of this movie was fairly high. It started out with some very hilarious parts and the plot was very unique, which made for an interesting romantic comedy. I would recommend this film to anyone that would like a light and creative movie. Here is the breakdown:

Entertainment: 4 stars

Originality: 5 stars

Acting: 3.5 stars (how great can the acting be in a romantic comedy?)

Message: 1 star
There was a message about "the man in the sky" but it was semi-blasphemous. The movie kind of presents the main character as a prophet who speaks to the "man in the sky."

Cleanliness: 3 stars
Some language and sexual conversations.

Overall: 3.3 stars

Michelle's Review

I have wanted to see this movie since I first saw previews because it looked like an interesting plot.  While I enjoyed the film over all, there were a few parts that I felt were inappropriate and not really needed, but what movie isn't like that anymore?

Entertainment: 4 stars

Originality: 5 stars

Acting: 4 stars

Message: 1 star (I feel the same as Greg did as far as it being a little blasphemous.  And I didn't finish watching the movie feeling like I totally understand the purpose behind the message.)

Cleanliness: 2.5 stars

Overall: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment