Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

Michelle's Review


I am a sucker for romance movies obviously, so that was my reason for wanting to see this movie.  We actually went to see it in theaters a while back, but had a bad experience at the theater with Deagan and didn't stay for more than 20 minutes of it.  We finally rented it, and I am glad that we got to finish it finally.  We felt like some of the parts felt too close to home, so it was really emotional for us.  But we liked the movie overall.  Definitely worth watching if you are into romance movies:)

Entertainment: 4 stars

Acting: 3.5 stars
(I think that Rachel McAdams is a good actress, but I am not that impressed with Eric Bana in this movie.  I have seen him in other roles, and like him, but he was definitely not my favorite in this one.)

Originality: 4.5 stars

Cleanliness: 3.5 stars
(There was some language, and a few risque parts)

Message: 4 stars


Overall: 3.9 stars

Greg's Review

We went to see this movie a few months ago when it was in the theater but we got "shhh"ed by some lady that was not having a good day apparently.  We went to a matinee and we brought Deagan with us.  He was playing around us and we didn't think anything of it.  Anyway, so I had only seen the beginning and I wasn't too impressed so when we rented it I did not have high expectations.  I was very surprised and I will admit I shed a few tears!  For anyone that knows me that is very uncharacteristic of me.  Anyway, it was very sad in the end and it had to do with death and kids were invovled and I guess it just hit home.  So with that to the review:

Entertainment:  4.5 stars

Originality:  4.5 stars
(You could have predicted the ending but it was not obvious and he travels through time! That is pretty unique.)

Message:  4 stars
(tragedy happens and we need to move on)

Acting:  4 stars

Cleanliness: 3.5 stars
(There was one scene)

Overall:  4.1 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment