Wednesday, October 6, 2010



Rubicon

Greg's Review


So it has been a while since we have updated our blog here. I think it was a combination of things that got us side tracked a bit: School got busy for me, I went on a trip to Israel, and Michelle and the kids went to Wyoming to visit family. Anyway, hopefully we can be a little more consistent now and provide some more reviews. The review today is a first for us. Until now, we have focused on movies but recently we have made a bit of a switch to television series. So today, Rubicon, which aires on AMC is the subject of our review.

I must say that this is definitely my kind of T.V. show. It is the ultimate mind-bending espionage show that I love. I will provide a brief description from the AMC website:

"Nothing is what it seems, eveything is questioned, and clues hide in plain sight in the AMC original drama series Rubicon. Inspired by the suspenseful and high-stakes political whodunits of the 1970s -- from The Parallax View to All The President's Men -- Rubicon is a modern-day conspiracy thriller that taps into the collective paranoia of a post-9/11 era. Set at the New York City-based American Policy Institute (API), a federal intelligence agency, Rubicon follows Will Travers, a beleagured and brilliant API analyst who, after being faced with a shocking tragedy, begins to uncover clues that could point to a complex and sinister conspiracy."

So to the review:

Acting: 4.5 stars

Entertainment: 5 stars

Message: 4 stars (at this point, I guess I could say that a morale that you could take away might be to do what you believe to be right regardless of the odds against you)

Cleanliness: 4.5 stars (there has been one episode with a bit of skin)

Originality: 4 stars (the idea has been done before but it is very refreshing from the same old "Law & Order" cop shows)

Overall: 4.4 stars (I love this show!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment